Monday, April 1, 2013

Why does Michael Donovan write?


Hi!  I'm Michael Donovan.

I write because our stories need a voice and need to be told.  And who belongs to this group known as ‘our’?  You, me, him, her, them, and us.  Some of us have commonalities.  Others of us are as different as night and day.  But what we all have in common is we have a story to tell.  Every day life stories.  You may have not thought about it in this manner, but someone would be interested in your story.  We all like to have someone or something to relate to.  I am an African American male whose faith is Christianity, has somewhat of an affinity for football, loves to people watch, often wonders why people behave the way they do, and how can we better society one person at a time.  I like to read and write about all of these things.  I would like to encourage other writers to pursue their dreams of getting their work out.  Not necessarily to gain the fame, notoriety (and income!!!) a James Patterson or J.K. Rowling, but to exercise your voice.  I like controversy and hot topics.  A current hot topic that has piqued my interest is the buzz about an openly gay player in professional sports.  You will find this theme in my most recent posts.  We need to talk about it until it happens.  We need to have stories about it, so we can visualize the normalcy of it.  This is one of my many stories.  Thanks for joining me on this journey in the written word.

2 comments:

  1. Brother Michael,

    I've enjoyed reviewing your blog. I appreciate the fact that you are providing a vehicle for yourself and others to dialogue about both current events and what many have traditionally referred to as taboo topics. This voice was needed. I agree that everyone has a story and some will hopefully be inspired by your example to share their stories as a vehicle for personal growth and or fulfillment. I look forward to reading your thoughts about current and future hot topics. Keep up the good work as the times are a changing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - Thanks for your kind and inspiring words. I want to do my part in telling 'our' stories. Please continue to follow us and join in the conversations.

    ReplyDelete